Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Free Zeid Hamdan NOW!!!

I don't recognize Lebanonesia anymore. After the detention earlier this week of human rights activist Saad al-Deen Shatila by Lebanese military intelligence, today, the news was out that singer Zeid Hamdan detained at Adlieh over his one year old song "General Soleiman" (published on YouTube 11 months ago 65,355 views at time of writing). Investigation by General Security had started 3 weeks ago. Today, it was his third interrogation session, and he was detained. On Facebook, this message presumably from him was circulating: "Dear friends, I am now in the prison of the police station of the palace of justice in Beirut because of my song "General Soleiman". They are prosecuting me for defammation of President Soleiman. I dont know, until when I am staying in prison. Please mobilize!"

I'm starting to think that we're better off without a government and without decision making capabilities in Lebanonesia.




No comments:

Post a Comment